The people who do digital marketing are egregiously familiar with this respective word (SEO). And the people who aren’t will be if they read the article advertently. Let’s cut to the chase. SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”, which is generally a practice to show content on the first page of SERPs. It is also known as organic optimization, where you don’t have to pay a penny to the search engines for making your content the top search results. Whenever someone searches about a query or types a random keyword, the search engine (It may be Google, Bing, Yahoo, Duckduckgo, or whatever. People use Google the most.) show the most relevant topics or content to that respective person who was searching for that query/keyword (I’m not discussing how a search engine works because it’ll be a lengthy article then). SEO is the optimization meaning to improve your site’s ranking to make it the top search results in the SERPs, so searchers find it easily. The goal of an SEO always should be to make his/her content placed among the search results on the first page of any Search Engine Results Page because maximum people don’t even look in the second page of the SERPs. So, there is no chance for the following ones. One should always focus on the following points to improve the rankings –
- Quality of Content.
- User engagement level.
Now we’ll talk about the process of SEO. SEO can be done through various steps. These are discussed below.
- White Hat SEO – It is a search engine marketing technique to deliberately rank a website in the first 10 results on a search engine results page (SERP) while abiding by all of the terms, conditions, and rules of those search engines. Examples of white hat SEO include:
- Offering quality content and services.
- Fast site loading times
- Black Hat SEO – It is a search engine marketing technique to deliberately rank a website higher by going against the T&C of the Search Engine. It’s the exact opposite of White Hat SEO. As the White Hat SEO is a lengthy & time-consuming process to rank higher in the SERP, people sometimes use Black Hat SEO which includes Cloaking, Keyword Stuffing, using spammy links to redirect the audience to unrelated websites to vex. This process is unethical & illegal. It’s better to avoid this practice because, in the long run, your website might get banned by the search engine or, your website ranking will be dropped down in the SERP as a penalty. FOR DETAILED INFORMATION (Click Here)
- On-Page SEO – On-page SEO is the optimization of your website. It uses all the methods to rank your website on the Search Engine Results Page. If explained, On-page SEO means creating great content in your website, optimizing Title tags, Meta tags, HTML tag optimization, Internal linking, Image optimization, Video optimization, etc.
- Off-Page SEO – Off-page SEO is the optimization of your website through other mediums rather than doing on your website. It includes the link-building strategy that is much important in Off-Page SEO. Besides, Content writing in other platforms to send traffic to your site, using Social media platforms, landing reviews, etc., are also used in Off-page SEO.